Subject: Re: BSDOBJDIR=/usr/src/obj causes loop and other issues
To: Greywolf <>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/20/2002 17:46:20
On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Greywolf wrote:

> Hey, there.
> If I attempt to set BSDOBJDIR=/usr/src/obj, 'make obj' fails when
> /usr/src/obj gets symlinked to /usr/src/obj.
> If I don't set it, some stuff doesn't quite work via
> The mechanism is not quite up to snuff.
> I cannot even reliably build the toolset right now; it fails in xlint
> with "Make: don't know how to make mem.c".
> My sources are -current from a couple days ago and I'm about to
> re-update them.

Just follow FB's notes:

renice -19 $$
cvs -t update -d -P
./ -t
cd .../conf
/usr/src/tools/obj/tools.<platform>/bin/nbconfig <configfile>
cd ../compile/<configfile>
/usr/src/tools/obj/tools.<platform>/bin/nbmake dependall USETOOLS=yes
/usr/src/tools/obj/tools.<platform>/bin/nbmake install

renice -10 $$
time ./ -u -j 10

[make yourself a sandwhich] <---- I'm at this point >:}

> 				--*greywolf;
> --
> NetBSD: Net Some Nines.

"GNU/Linux: About as stable as the elements at the bottom of the periodic