Subject: RAIDframe + GENERIC...
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/2002 13:15:44
Hi

Those of you following Source-Changes may have noticed that RAIDframe is
now enabled by default in GENERIC on a number of architectures.  Hopefully it
will soon be enabled in the INSTALL kernels as well :)

In order to cut about 100K (i386) from the size of the RAIDframe bits,
a number of little-used RAID types have been disabled by default.
Should you wish to use these, the appropriate options have been added
(but commented out) to the various GENERIC configs.  If you are using
any of these other options, I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know.

RAIDframe currently weighs in at 230K on i386 (with debugging turned off).
Functionality includes RAID 0, 1, 4, and 5 with all the various queues,
autoconfig, and other goodies.

Enjoy.

Later...

Greg Oster