Subject: Re: nvidia geforce2 go and xfree86
To: Michael van Elst <>
From: Michael L. Hitch <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/2002 15:34:12
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Michael van Elst wrote:

> (Frank van der Linden) writes:
> >Nvidia GeForce cards work fine with XFree86 under NetBSD. You just
> >can't use the HW accel support.
> Sort of. The NV driver does not support digital flat panel displays,
> so it is not working for Laptops.

  There is a work around for this though.  While looking for Nvidia
GeForce 2 GO driver information, I ran across a message about using the
"vesa" driver while getting the nvidia driver running.  Lo and behold,
when I specified "vesa" instad of "nv", it worked on my laptop well enough
for me at the moment.

Michael L. Hitch
Computer Consultant
Information Technology Center