Subject: Re: panics when using updated pppoe
To: Rick Byers <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/2002 23:14:27
Rick Byers wrote:
> After rebuilding my entire userland (was using Nov. 30th userland), the
> problem went away!  Perhaps pppoectl was operating slightly differently
> with the old userland, or maybe its not a pppoe problem at all but
> ipf/ipnat or something.

Great!

This could really have been some (?versioning?) problem. You don't
happen to be able to test with new kernel and the older userland?
The older pppoe bits would suffice, you don't need to downgrade
whole tree.

A change was committed by Martin recently to the kernel pppoe
code which could have fixed the problem you saw.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-