Subject: Re: IPv6 stuff
To: Ken Hornstein <>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/16/2002 05:59:44

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 11:51:55PM -0500, Ken Hornstein wrote:
> >If you trust TSIG and the machines that you allow to update, then you can
> >trust dynamic updates.  Yes, there are issues, no doubt.  Compare this to
> >the failure rate of entering v6 reverse addresses by hand :-).
> But to do it securely, then you have to enter key information by hand ...
> and somehow that seems like a zero-sum gain to me.

well, and what about using simple utilities, e.g. ipv6calc not to make a
mistake? you can find it in pkgsrc as net/ipv6calc.  it is as easy as

 ~> ipv6calc -r 3ffe:80e8:200::1

i hope this helps you to decrease your failure rate to near-zero value ;)

-- Lubomir Sedlacik <>   ASCII Ribbon campaign against  /"\=
--                  <>   e-mail in gratuitous HTML and  \ /=
--                                       Microsoft proprietary formats   X =
-- PGPkey:                                  / \=
-- Key Fingerprint: DBEC 8BEC 9A90 ECEC 0FEF  716E 59CE B70B 7E3B 70E2     =

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see