Subject: Re: Weird curses behavior
To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org>
From: Glendon Gross <gross@xinetd.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/2002 08:44:01
I've seen this as well on my SparcStation 2 when I first log in.  Starting
X solves the problem.  I suspect it is a case of some video memory that
does not get correctly initialized.

The editor "joe" also seems to have code in it that fixes this problem.
Maybe there is a need for some additional routine during the boot
to clear the video RAM?  I'm not super knowledgeable about SPARC hardware,
so I'm not sure how to do this.

Regards,

Glen Gross