Subject: Re: make build error
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Maier <jmaier@midamerica.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/2002 08:28:12
> Either update /usr/bin/make (you CANNOT use 1.5.x's make(1) on -current, or
> for that matter, any /usr/bin/make from more than 2 months ago in -current),
> or use src/build.sh (the new, better supported way to upgrade to a newer
> system via source).

Just because I'm a glutton for punishment...
mail2:/usr/src/usr.bin/make>make
make: don't know how to make /usr/src/destdir/usr/lib/crt0.o. Stop

So I decided to go with the build.sh script...
mail2:/usr/src>./build.sh
===> Bootstrapping nbmake
BSDOBJDIR /usr/obj does not exist, bailing...
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools

So it seems that we have an impasse for us 1.5.2 distribution users...
Is there a binary current-build out there one can use?

jam