Subject: Re: X library path, etc.
To: None <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2002 18:21:17
In message <>, "Jare
d D. McNeill" writes:
>You could probably write yourself a small wrapper script for gcc to do
>this for you; I, for one, would prefer to have them separate.

Hmm.  So, if you're spending a lot of time testing little X widgets,
all of which have Makefiles that specify -L/usr/X11R6/lib, having to edit
the makefiles isn't at all annoying?

>Your script would only need to replace any instance of -Lblah on the
>command line with -Lblah -Wl,-Rblah, and pass them on to gcc.

Makes sense.  Hmm.  Perhaps an alternative solution, and sufficient for most
day-to-day purposes, would be to have something like suggest
/usr/pkg/lib and /usr/X11R6/lib by default on systems where they exist.