Subject: Re: Problems updating sources
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/12/2002 14:07:27

On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 06:34:24AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, Julio Merino wrote:
> > cd /usr/src
> > cvs -z6 update -d -P
> >
> > But I get the following:
> >
> > -----
> > [strip]
> > cvs server: Updating bin/csh
> > cvs update: move away bin/csh/Makefile; it is in the way
> > C bin/csh/Makefile
> > cvs update: move away bin/csh/alloc.c; it is in the way
> > C bin/csh/alloc.c
> Your existing sources are very old, and don't have the "CVS"
> directories? All the latest tarballs and sups now have them,
> so if that's the case, the solution is to update via one of
> those methods, first.

CVS subdirectories are there, I've just checked it. And I did a
checkout of the entire tree on 24 dec. After a few days I tried
to update, but I got these same problems. And they are still

Maybe a rm -rf of the src tree and a new checkout will solve

Thanks a lot.

> Frederick

La ignorancia es la felicidad.

Julio Merino (Slink) <>