Subject: Re: probleme bulding current
To: NetBSD-current <>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2002 16:37:52
In message <>,
gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

>As I wrote in my PR about this, make includes is NOT a solution.

From an user point of view, it is.

>Fixing makefs's Makefile structure is, and Luke's doing that.

Much better, I agree. But as an immediate workaround bootstrapping
includes is a solution to compile the userland right now.

And, meaning no offense, in a -current system, finding such issues is
not a disgrace for the developer, it may (Murphy sez : must) happen, so,
the avergae user may find, and imho share workarounds.

And, finally, I think that we users (or developers with no spare time)
are contributing with finding such tricks - bootstrapping make includes
is not that dirty, isn't it ?