Subject: Re: probleme bulding current
To: NetBSD-current <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2002 14:30:12
In message <20020109134317.A27157@mccoy.epita.fr>,
guillaume mignot wrote:

>/usr/src/tools/makefs/../../usr.sbin/makefs/../../sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_bswap.c: In function `ffs_sb_swap':
>/usr/src/tools/makefs/../../usr.sbin/makefs/../../sys/ufs/ffs/ffs_bswap.c:99: structure has no member named `fs_pendingblocks'
>[...]
>*** Error code 1
>
>Stop.

I wrote privately (grmbl Reply To List/All) to Guillaume : "make
includes"

Since I ran into the very same problem this morning, compiling a 1.5ZA
userland with 1.5Z kernel and includes, I can confirm, that the answer
is ... yes and no :-)

If your tools are up-to-date, you are able to "make includes" and
everthing gets fine.

But YACAEI (Yet Another Chicken And Egg Issue) if your tools are
up-to-date, your includes are too, koz they are needed to build one of
them.

So, you have to bootstrap includes :

# cd /usr/src
# make USETOOLS=no includes
[blah]
*** Error in some gnu stuff (sez need toolchain version of tools),
ignore it, since fortunately sys includes have been processed before.

Now, you can again rebuild your tools, ffs includes are OK.

# cd /usr
# rm -rf obj && mkdir obj
# rm -rf tool && mkdir tools
# rm -rf build && mkdir build