Subject: Re: ' -t' fails
To: Greywolf <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2002 22:14:26
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Greywolf wrote:

After I wrote the last message, I had a bad feeling that the line above was

Don't inherit HOST_CFLAGS from CFLAGS.  CFLAGS is set by the <bsd.*.mk>
files to target-specific flags, and it'll be likely to break in the future
if a target program needs special gcc options (that the host's gcc does not

Options that you want added to both CFLAGS and HOST_CFLAGS can simply be
added to COPTS (this is incorporated into both variables in the various
bsd.*.mk files).

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --