Subject: Re: pthreads problem
To: None <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@bsd.de>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2002 21:53:42
Perry Metzger writes:
>Adam Lebsack <lebsack@mac.com> writes:
>> Well, I removed the mit-pthreads distfile and tried again.  No go.

>Use something other than mit-pthreads. It isn't very good. There are
>other threads packages in pkgsrc.

Say, Perry, was there some particular reason to spread mis-information on
this problem?

It's quite obvious that you don't know what you're talking about when it
comes to mysql and the included mit-pthreads.  The included mit-pthreads
may not be very good, but it's not supposed to.  It's supposed to be good
enough for what mysql uses it for.

As I said last week, he needs to apply a patch to the mysql sources,
to get the correct prototype for a syscall.  That patch is patch-ah
from the mysql-server pkg, btw.  Presumably that patch will be included
in the next release of mysql.

That patch is for a toolchain problem and not for a pthreads problem,
as would have been immediately obvious to anyone who'd bothered to read
the test after the first occurrence of "mit-pthreads".

--chris