Subject: 'build.sh -t' fails
To: BSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2002 00:39:27
Greetings.  Working with a current source tree freshly cvs updated.

/usr/src# cd tools
src/tools# make
dependall ===> mkdep
touch .depend
cc -O2 -O3 -pipe -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized  -Werror  -Wall   -c -o mkdep.lo /usr/src/tools/mkdep/../../usr.bin/mkdep/mkdep.c
cc -O2 -O3 -pipe -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized  -Werror  -Wall   -c -o setprogname.lo /usr/src/tools/mkdep/../compat/setprogname.c
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
/usr/src/tools/mkdep/../compat/setprogname.c:46: warning: no previous prototype for `setprogname'
/usr/src/tools/mkdep/../compat/setprogname.c:50: warning: no previous prototype for `getprogname'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/mkdep
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools/mkdep
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake: stopped in /usr/src/tools

This has happened on two separate boxes (both i386en, but still).
Why is "HAVE_SETPROGNAME" not being set?  It appears, too, as though
"config.h" is not making it into the file (as HAVE_CONFIG_H is
also not being set, thus HAVE_SETPROGNAME is never making it).

What's the deal?  I haven't been able to do a successful source
build for some time.

I can build a *kernel*, but my userland is starting to show signs
of wear by comparison.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: "Progress on your system is closer than it appears."