Subject: uvm_fault with 1-9-2002 sources
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Stark <bpstark@pacbell.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2002 00:04:14
Hi,

I'm running NetBSD-current (1.5ZA)/i386. I updated my CVS sources tonight
(1-9-2002) and recompiled the kernel. Booting with the new kernel showed
the following messages (entered here by hand):

lpt0 at isa0 port 0x378-0x37b irq 7
uvm_fault (0xC0558340,0x0,0,1) -> e
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
stopped in pid0 (swapper) at sbdsp_probe+0x26 movi 0x10(xedx),%eax
db>

I'm not very familar with working inside the kernel so I'm not sure what to
do at this point other than to reboot and use /onetbsd as the boot kernel.

Hopefully someone can let me know if others are seeing the same thing. My
kernel that works was created from sources on January 1, 2002, which
wasn't too long ago.

If it is helpful to know more about the machine, it has a Pentium with
128MB RAM. Also, this is the method I use to build a kernel:

cd /usr/src/sys/arch/i386/conf
config CALLISTO
cd ../compile/CALLISTO
make clean && make depend && make all && make install

TIA,

Brian Stark
bpstark at pacbell dot net