Subject: Re: Using obsolete.* files _outside of_ sysinst?
To: None <>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2002 22:54:12
Paul Goyette wrote:
> 1. It might accidentally rm -rf /   :)

Hopefully noone would put / to obsolete list :)

> 2. There are lots of things listed in the obsolete.* files which
>    are actually replaced by new files.  Lots of include files...
>    If I did this, then I would have to run through a new ``make
>    install'' to get them back!  :)

There shouldn't be any files which are replaced with new files.
The obsolete* lists should only include files which no longer exist.
Can you provide an example of such incorrect entries?

Jaromir Dolecek <>
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-
-=  neither liberty nor safety, and will lose both.  -- Benjamin Franklin  =-