Subject: Re: About to back out some past changes to wi driver
To: Michael Graff <>
From: Ulrich Habel <>
List: current-users
Date: 01/06/2002 02:16:37
Michael Graff <> writes:

> It seems some of the changes won't work on non-x86, although from
> looking through the source nothing jumped out at me.
> I'll make the commit in a bit.
> Those who had problems, I'd appreciate hearing from you ASAP if this
> fixes or doesn't fix the problems you've had.
I just checked out using:

$NetBSD: wi_ieee.h,v 1.7 2002/01/05 20:10:53 explorer Exp $

the kernel will build but I cant get the card to work anymore.

all I get is:

wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
wi0: 802.11 address 00:02:2d:06:44:f4
wi0: using Lucent chip or unknown chip

and after I configured the card

wi0: device timeout
wi0: device timeout
wi0: device timeout
wi0: device timeout

is there any chance to generate more output for debug purposes ? Could
someone gimme a hint ? I feel myself comfortable in Unix but not in
kernel programming.

Ulrich Habel		:wq!
-= Java : written once - debug everywhere =-