Subject: Re: Long time to build current...
To: None <>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/2001 15:30:30

On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 08:42:53PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> Well, but what can I clean? Can I remove the /usr/obj tree?
> Where are the build tools installed? (Maybe /usr/src/tools ?)

Depends on whether or not you have OBJDIR and TOOLDIR set and what
they're set to. I wouldn't know without seeing your /etc/mk.conf and
seeing the full command line you issued, neither of which you've
stated yet.

> My question... which commands (make targets) can remove them?

But you don't want to if you want faster builds.

At a guess, remove /usr/obj/tools. I don't know that we've got a
structure for automatic removal.

(There's a flag to which will clean the old tools before
building, regardless of date, if that's all you were asking. Have a
look at src/BUILDING, presuming its name hasn't changed again.)

gabriel rosenkoetter

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)
Comment: For info see