Subject: Re: Package registration
To: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/2001 12:21:01
Was the missing dependancy a BUILD_DEPENDS, or a DEPENDS?

Sometimes, the package can require another package in order to
install the new one, but the dependancy is not necessary for
the new package to be used.

On Fri, 28 Dec 2001, Julio Merino wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 09:00:46PM +0100, Alistair Crooks wrote:
> > On Fri, Dec 28, 2001 at 08:31:53PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> > > Hi all
> > >
> > > I've noticed a problem with pkgsrc that I don't know if it is -current
> > > related or not.
> > >
> > > I go to /usr/pkgsrc/chat/gaim (for example) and when issuing the make
> > > build, it compiles some of dependancies. Fine. But after installing this
> > > package I issue a: pkg_info and all compiled dependencies are not there!
> > > They are installed as I see the libraries in their place, but packages
> > > are not registered... What happens??
> >
> > Perhaps your value of PKG_DBDIR is set in /etc/mk.conf, but not in your
> > environment, so that when you issue a "pkg_info" command, it's not looking
> > in the right directory.
>
> That variable is unset... And /var/db/pkg contains some package information.
> Some programs are registered but some others don't. Should I set that
> variable explicetly in /etc/mk.conf?
> PKG_DBDIR=/var/db/pkg <- Should I put this?
>
> Thanks!
>

> > Regards,
> > Alistair
>
> --
> La ignorancia es la felicidad.
>
> Julio Merino (Slink) <juli@merino.net>

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |