Subject: How to install a current tree
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/2001 20:45:50

Hi all

I was used to the way to install the tree on NetBSD 1.5... But with the
new toolchain it has changed, to a better thing :)

Well, I've done this to build the world:
/usr/src# ./ -d DESTDIR=3D/usr/NetBSD-new-build

because won't work with DESTDIR unset. Now I have the whole
new thing in /usr/NetBSD-new-build. I've gone and copied by hand the
contents of /bin, /sbin and /usr to their respective places with
cp -pr... but I think this is not the way to go.

So, which is the correct method of updating the system?
/etc should still be updated by hand, right? Is it there something like
FreeBSD's mergemaster?

PD: I think I'm asking too much things today... lol

La ignorancia es la felicidad.

Julio Merino (Slink) <>

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (FreeBSD)
Comment: For info see