Subject: Re: How to rebuild the world
To: None <>
From: Tim Preston <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/2001 12:23:49
On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 11:23:54PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:

> Ok, now it's time to build the world. And I can't get it. So far, I've
> added the following to /etc/mk.conf:
> COPTS+=-O2 -pipe -march=pentiumpro
> NBUILDJOBS=4 <-- a single cpu, but this gives better performance to me
The above line is your problem. The current '' script seems to
break in various ways when using more than one job =(

While not a massive issue, I'd like to see this fixed at some point
(after all it's even available as the '-j' argument for the script
itself, so clearly it is expected to work.)

For me running multiple jobs is particularly desirable. It's a big win
when a fast machine is building from an NFS mounted source tree.

"So much style without substance
           So much stuff without style
                     It's hard to recognise a real thing
                                 That comes along once in a while"