Subject: OT: mp3 player recomendation
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/27/2001 13:40:38
This is a bit off topic, but maybe others here are/have been in the same boat:

I'd like to use my arm32 machine (a shark) as a MP3 player, booted diskless
and located right at the amplifier. I don't intend to run X on that machine,
only a simple player. This should be able to enqueue long lists of files
to play, and optionally randomly select the next file to play.

I'd like to have a front end for this player, running on another machine
(with X and gtk or whatever), controlling the player on the disk- and
headless machine via the network.

Anyone know of such a player/front end combination? Hope I don't have to
write it myself.

I didn't spot anything suitable in pkgsrc at first sight.

Martin