Subject: i386 console switching broken?
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 12/23/2001 17:04:39
I just recompiled the world from 12/22 sources.  Switching consoles
via alt-ctl-F1 (from X11) leaves me with what appears to be a "dead"
kbd.  Keystrokes are totally ignored.

I can still ssh into the machine from another machine, so the computer
isn't hung.  Killing X11 from a remote machine with cause xdm to
restart X11, which does switch back to the X console and the keyboard
works again.

Could the keyboard be left in scan-code instead of ascii mode?  I
remember early X11 used to do this and the symptoms were similar.

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
Coming soon: GPS mapping tools for Open Systems.