Subject: Re: "SpeedStream" 10/100 USB adapter
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/2001 16:17:04
In message <3C1A79B5.B20EB349@augustsson.net>, Lennart Augustsson writes:
>Peter Seebach wrote:
>
>> This thing claims to have Linux drivers, but doesn't have NetBSD drivers yet
>.
>> Since it's basically useless to me without drivers, I hereby offer it to
>> the first person who writes me asking for it, who will use it to develop a
>> NetBSD driver.  This is an Efficient Networks "SS1001", which supposedly wor
>ks
>> with Linux.  I know it's sort of silly to put a 100Mbps port on a 12Mbps bus
>,
>> but no one seems to still be selling plain old 10Mbps adapters around here.
>
>Can you plug in the device and send the output of `usbdevs -v' ?

Thanks to the first feedback I got, I'm ahead of you a tad.  The gizmo appears
to be product ID 0x5046, but otherwise very similar to the existing ACCTON
ethernet gizmo supported by if_aue.c.

---
aue0 at uhub1 port 1
aue0: Efficient SpeedStream USB 10/100 Adapter, rev 1.10/1.01, addr 2
aue0: Ethernet address 00:30:f1:13:63:57
OUI 0x0010a9 model 0x0001 rev 0 at aue0 phy 1 not configured
---

I'm guessing this means I should try one of PNA or PII, or possibly both,
as the flag for this device.

My current usbdevs entry is:
product ACCTON SS1001           0x5046  SpeedStream Ethernet Adapter

-s