Subject: Re: Uh, need help programming: what causes this kdc error?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <xs@nitric.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/2001 14:34:19
on Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 08:34:16PM -0500, kpneal@pobox.com wrote:
> I'm working on getting Zephyr running with Kerberos on NetBSD 1.5.2
> (on an Alpha, if it matters).
>
> I had to beat up the Zephyr package a bit to get it to compile. I'll
> submit patches when I get this thing running.  (That's my attempt
> at being somewhat on topic. Sorry if it's too much of a stretch!)

Hi!

I recently did the same thing, but again, came across strange errors
(although different). I posted to tech-pkg.
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2001/10/31/0007.html

My patchset and package are at:
http://nitric.net/~xs/pkg/pkg-zephyr.tar.gz

A patchdiff between our respective patches might be interesting :)

I'm not sure if this helps or hinders you. I haven't got around to
looking at this more.

>2001-12-11T20:20:37 Ticket-granting ticket not found in database:
>       krbtgt.INT.NEUTRALGOOD.ORG@: No such entry in the database

Shouldn't there be a realm name after the @? Does /etc/krb.conf
(on the non-kdc box) set this?

> cat /etc/krb.conf
MY.REALM
MY.REALM     kdc.int     admin server

> cat /etc/krb.realms

.int         MY.REALM
int          MY.REALM

> cat /etc/krb5.conf
[libdefaults]
        default_realm = MY.REALM

[realms]
        MY.REALM = {
                kdc             = kdc.int
                admin_server    = kdc.int
                kpasswd_server  = kdc.int
                default_domain  = int
        }

My kdc.log had the same error, I'm not sure if it was zephyr specific
or not. If it was, then there is a patch that fixes it, because I no
longer have that error.