Subject: USB Keyboard
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Toru TAKAMIZU <ttaka@ma1.seikyou.ne.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/2001 14:56:20
Hello.

I'm using a USB keyboard on -current/i386 around Dec 2.
Lennart Augustsson's post in October says:

> On i386 the USB keyboard will be the console if there is
> no pckbc present.

So I removed the following two lines from my kernel config file.

pckbd*               at pckbc?               # PC keyboard
wskbd*               at pckbd? console ?

Now I got unpleasant by-products.

1. sysbeep is not working, in spite of the following dmesg line.

  sysbeep0 at pcppi0

2. "shutdown -h now" gives me a reboot, not a halt.

3. VT switching does not work. By pressing "ctrl + alt + F?" I've
   switched from a virtual terminal to another, but now I can't.
   It seems that F? is not working?

   I can switch from a VT on which X is running to another because X
   handles scancodes in another way.

Would anybody fix these?

Toru TAKAMIZU