Subject: Re: Working USB<->serial spotted in the wild!
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20011207T082751@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/07/2001 08:47:00
seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) writes:
> The local Micro Center carries (carried?) a USB/Serial converter made by
> QVS, under the model number "USC-1000", or "USC-1009F", depending on which
> label you believe.  It looks as though the "1009F" means it comes with a 25-9
> pin adapter.

One thing you may want to also try is ppp over this adaptor.  I spent
quite a while trying to get ppp over a utty configured only to find
out that the problems went away when I switched to a real tty/com
port.

    model: DSB-S25
    umct0: MCT Corporation. USB-232 Interfact Controller, rev 1.00/1.02, addr 4

The symptoms were that the serial-line comms worked just fine, the PPP
LCP packets were full duplex, but none of the IP from the remote side
made it into the IP stack in the kernel.  Tcpdump showed outgoing
packets, but only incoming LCP.  Weird.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>