Subject: Re: Brooktree options
To: Chris Pinnock <cjep@fawlty.net>
From: Wiz <wiz@danbala.ifoer.tuwien.ac.at>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/2001 12:44:49
In article <20011203214048.B21526@roystonvasey.local> Chris Pinnock wrote:
> Tonight I've tried to build a -current kernel. I have

> bktr* at pci? dev ? function ?
> options BKTR_OVERRIDE_CARD=2
> options BKTR_OVERRIDE_TUNER=10

> in my config file, but "config" tells me:
> tubbs% config TUBBS
> TUBBS:753: option `BKTR_OVERRIDE_CARD' must not have a value
> TUBBS:754: option `BKTR_OVERRIDE_TUNER' must not have a value
> *** Stop.

This was an error in files.pci, which I just corrected. It works fine
now.
Ordinarily, you shouldn't need to set those values at all, the driver
is supposed to find out which card is there.

Bye,
 Thomas

--
Thomas Klausner - wiz@danbala.tuwien.ac.at
Language is not neutral. It is not merely a vehicle which carries ideas. It