Subject: Re: USB 2.0 for the brave
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/2001 13:55:00
On Thu, 22 Nov 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Firewire host-to-host adapters would rock, though. Probably worth
> taking a look at what the PAPERS cluster did, if this interests you.
> (Not using firewire, obviously, but a similar use of a
> high-bandwidth bus to connect hosts.)

AFAIK, you don't need any special hardware to hook two hosts together
with Firewire (unlike with USB). Just plug a cable in between the two
ports. While I never did get around to trying it, I suspect -current
even supports this already; I get a fw0 network device on both my
Powermac G4 and my Dell laptop.