Subject: Re: USB 2.0 for the brave
To: None <>
From: Rick Kelly <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/2001 02:07:41
Thor Lancelot Simon said:

>Since the only real support required -- unless I misunderstand -- is a
>driver for a new type of host adapter, this doesn't seem like much of an

Third part developers will have to get Microsoft to certify their drivers
under the new Windows XP certification process.

>When I was with Sony, we had working Firewire devices including a
>SCSI-over-FW data minidisc drive on display at the *1995* Fall Comdex.

I would just like firewire and/or USB storage devices for NetBSD. And I
don't mean zip drives are 120meg floppies.

It would be interesting to cluster machines together over firewire or
USB 2.0 using their full bandwidth.

Rick Kelly