Subject: Re: USB 2.0 for the brave
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/2001 00:42:26
On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 10:46:56PM -0600, Dave Huang wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, Rick Kelly wrote:
> > And we get screwed again by billy gates. Windows XP is pushing firewire and
> > won't have native support for USB 2.0. Thus, a dearth of USB 2.0 devices.
>
> What's wrong with firewire? While I don't have anything against USB 2.0,
> I don't see the point of it when firewire has been out and has plenty of
> devices. But it'd be cool if NetBSD could mount my firewire hard drive :)

I assume the point is that you can put USB 1 and 2 devices on the same
wire.  Otherwise, it's just another interace.

First Microsoft says Firewire is useless, not they support it instead of USB
2.0.  Nothing like an industry that trades logic for marketing BS.

--

UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com