Subject: Re: Apache 2.0, ipv6 and Listen Binding
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2001 14:41:07
Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net> writes:

> Running Apache 2.0.28 under NetBSD-1.5Y, I'm finding that when I ask
> apache to listen on all interfaces, it listens only on ipv6 interfaces
> and completely ignores the ipv4 ones. This is the case whether I specify
> "Listen 8080" or "Listen *:8080" in the config file. To listen on an
> ipv4 interface, I've got to specify it explicitly, it seems.

It may or may not be related, but I had to build a kernel without IPV6
support, because Mozilla, after a recent update to a fresh -current,
did the same thing.  Perhaps something related to how those two
applications open ports?  Some default mechanism they're using, which
happens to choose IPV6?

-tih (just guessing)
--
Puritanism -- the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.