Subject: UNPRIVILEGED renamed UNPRIVED, etc.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/19/2001 00:35:26
I've been doing a bunch of work to allow full snapshots to be built as
an unprivileged user. As part of this, tonight I committed some
changes that now long metadata when a build is done with UNPRIVED set
when doing a make. (I renamed UNPRIVILEGED to UNPRIVED -- it was just
too long to type every time I did a test.)

The work is hardly complete -- there are a number of serious changes
needed to make any of this work right, but my bsd.*.mk hacks were
getting stepped on by other people rototilling stuff too often and I
decided to commit them now since they are largely unharmful.

If you do set UNPRIVED, all your install commands during a make will
get logged, but the makefile hacks to remove that log during a make
clean or use it when building a snapshot are not yet in.

--
Perry E. Metzger		perry@wasabisystems.com