Subject: NetBSD/sh device driver writers q
To: None <>
From: Hiroki Minematu <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/16/2001 05:03:49

 I am ashamed to say that how do I write device driver for
NetBSD/sh. so using bus_space_* functions is NetBSD way it
I know. But, for instance I want to wire simplly PIO device
on 0xa0000000-0xbfffffff addr area (it is called P2 area),
i hove to controll such as pmap, uvm, paging archis from
my driver code in kernel? Or, simplly sucha driver written
under `sh bus' and care only using INTR and DMA?
 for instance, On external LAN controller's hardware intr
 mask is 0xa4040000 that is mask=0, unmask=0xffff then I only
add so *(volatile short *)(0xa4040000) = 0; or 0xffff;, it is

# I am worried that I may be fired, so if I can't.
# sigh...
Hiroki MINEMATSU/Aimcom |   |