Subject: Re: New build process: what am I doing wrong?
To: Jeff Rizzo <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2001 21:05:53
On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Jeff Rizzo wrote:

: I finally read the stuff in BUILDING, and have clued into the fact that
: I should be using to do builds in my environment. (several month
: old -current trying to build -current)

: ./ -D /usr/build
: eventually dies here:
: dependall ===> toolchain
: nbmake: nbmake: don't know how to make all-binutils. Stop

Looks like either the bug in src/tools/toolchain/Makefile rev. 1.15 is
biting you (just committed a fix), or you're trying to build the new
toolchain on an unsupported platform (you didn't say which--make sure to
indicate which platform you're using when posting to current-users.  8-)

Currently, the new toolchain should be working on sparc/sparc64, powerpc,
i386, and arm-elf.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --