Subject: Re: make build failure
To: DJ <slaktaren@chq.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2001 09:38:11
On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 03:05:11AM -0800, DJ wrote:
> missing: ./usr/local/sbin (not created: File exists)
> rm -f //sys
> install  -l s -o root -g wheel -m 755  usr/src/sys //sys
> install: usr/src/sys: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.

You need to update install.
From src/UPDATING:
20011028:
        src/etc/Makefile now needs install to be able to handle
	symlinks that point to nowhere. A bug in install that
	prevented this was corrected.

	Solution: update and reinstall usr.bin/xinstall
	Better Solution: Use the new toolchain and it will just work
	for you.

The "Better Solution" didn't seem to happen on my i386 machine.
(At the time I ran into this, it may work now, I don't know.)

-Andrew