Subject: Re: proper build setup
To: Joseph Sarkes <jsarkes@tiac.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2001 11:22:34
On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Joseph Sarkes wrote:

: Basically what happened is that I moved my MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX
: to a different drive. All the source tree image directories
: got made there, but weren't used. Everything else generated
: ended up in my source tree. Hopefully cleandir will work after
: things are done with the build.

Hm.  Make sure your make(1) is up to date.

: USETOOLS=yes

"yes" is the default on any new toolchain platform; you only need to set
this if you're going to make it "no" or "never".

: MKTOOLS=yes

"yes" is the default for MKTOOLS, and there are very few circumstances where
"no" is needed.  You shouldn't have to set this anymore.

: BSDOBJDIR=/junk/obj

Since you're using MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX, BSDOBJDIR is moot, and won't get used.
You can drop this one.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/