Subject: Re: proper build setup
To: Joseph Sarkes <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2001 11:22:34
On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Joseph Sarkes wrote:

: Basically what happened is that I moved my MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX
: to a different drive. All the source tree image directories
: got made there, but weren't used. Everything else generated
: ended up in my source tree. Hopefully cleandir will work after
: things are done with the build.

Hm.  Make sure your make(1) is up to date.

"yes" is the default on any new toolchain platform; you only need to set
this if you're going to make it "no" or "never".

"yes" is the default for MKTOOLS, and there are very few circumstances where
"no" is needed.  You shouldn't have to set this anymore.

: BSDOBJDIR=/junk/obj

Since you're using MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX, BSDOBJDIR is moot, and won't get used.
You can drop this one.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --