Subject: Re: problem?
To: Andrew Brown <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/2001 21:41:52
On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Andrew Brown wrote:

: i nuked my obj tree and all my obj symlinks prior to this build.  cvs
: update reported no extraneous files in gnu/dist/groff or in
: gnu/usr.bin/groff.  nor any recent updates to anything in libc.
: on the other hand, i just updated again and re-sanitized my tree.
: i'll let you know.  :)

In that case, I wonder if you've still got a stray, old libstdc++ that's
being picked up during the src/tools compile phase.  This would only affect
you if you haven't built since the old toolchain and are building right to

In this case, something to try is to build and install with MKMAN=no set in
mk.conf or the environment, and then try doing a cleandir and rebuild in
src/tools/groff and build everything with manpages.

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --