Subject: Re: vi broken currently?
To: None <>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/14/2001 21:37:44

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 01:40:58PM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> Ugh. This isn't coming from vi specifically after all, but from
> curse's endwin() and something else that gets called on exec.

Fwiw, robots makes the same free() complaints. (And this is with
sources rebuilt today.)

At a guess, revision 1.34 of src/lib/libcurses/getch.c is probably
close to the problem. Its log message:

  revision 1.34
  date: 2001/11/01 16:06:59;  author: tron;  state: Exp;  lines: +2 -3
  Remove bogus call to free(3) which caused several warning messages in
  application using our "curses" library after the latest change to
  memory management in the "c" library.

Not to suggest that tron introduced an error here (since we're
seeing the result of free()ing already free()ed memory, not of not
free()ing memory that should have been), but it looks like there are
other free() problems floating about.

Any thoughts?

       ~ g r @

Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (NetBSD)