Subject: Re: WARNING
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/2001 11:07:33
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

: > maybe you already had a toolchain?  try it with a fresh tree?

I did build with a fresh tree and no toolchain.

I don't see anywhere that ${CPP} is used in etc/Makefile or the
platform-specific Makefiles, after doing a cvs update.  I'd need error logs.

: Hrm. So is the conventional wisdom coming to be that's -r
: flag is a Bad Idea?

No, you can do that.  In fact, -r is a good sanity check (that behavior is
how Lennart found the cpp problem so quickly).

-- Todd Vierling <>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support --