Subject: Re: WARNING
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/2001 10:17:07
On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

: I hope whoever broke it will fix it again soon.  Look at
: PR 14573 if you want details.

It's fixed, via a re-add of ${MACHINE_GNU_PLATFORM}-cpp in
src/tools/toolchain/Makefile[*]; it was missed in last night's toolchain
overhaul.  Note that users who do not nuke $TOOLDIR on each build won't see
the problem, since it's caused by a combination of (1) the cpp binary being
missing, and (2) gas not failing if the input is empty (because there's no
cpp to give it input).

I also added a significant cleanup of the way the syscall stubs are
generated for libc in src/libc/libc/Makefile.inc, which no longer uses
${CPP} directly.  Since we've had problems with the syscall stub generation
in the past, this will improve the reliability of the syscall stubs quite a
bit.

[*] The fact that CPP is used anywhere in the build system is a botch.  This
    will be changed to use ${CC} -E where appropriate, or by building a
    different way where ${CPP} is grossly abused, like it was in libc.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/