Subject: problem with squid/diskd
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/10/2001 14:43:25
Hi,
sorry for this question a bit off-topic, but I know peoples out there
are using squid on NetBSD machines :)

Being interested by the diskd feature I updated squid to the last pkgsrc
version. The machine is a i386 running NetBSD 1.5.2
Now the problem is that squid doens't work properly with diskd:
when loading a page with lots of small images (like www.redhat.com)
some images can't be loaded (an error is returned to the browser, and
the browser display the broken image icon instead).
In the log I get lots of:
storeDiskdSend OPEN: (35) Resource temporarily unavailable
storeDiskdSend: msgsnd: (35) Resource temporarily unavailable

I'm the only client using the cache when I test this, squid has
about 30 file descriptors open, and less than 25 for diskd when the error
occurs. limits of all processes are 1772 file descriptors.
system has about 700 open files (the server runs a lot of other things)
out of 5000 allowed.
I also tried to change some parameters in squid.conf, without success.
However if I change diskd to ufs for the cache, all work well.

Before I start looking at this seriously, does anyone got this problem and has
a solution, or an idea ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>