Subject: Re: readline in -current
To: Martin Husemann <>
From: Rafal Boni <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/2001 09:37:56
In message <>, you write:

-> > I had this issue quite often when building using cross-compiled tools on
-> > my sgimips boxes.  It generally turned out to be awk's fault (it was some-
-> > how b0rked and didn't generate any output for the various include files
-> > used in libedit build).  I never got to the bottom of it, but rebuilding
-> > awk locally always seemed to fix it.
-> By "rebuilding awk locally" - do you mean going to /usr/src/usr.bin/awk
-> and doing make && make install there?
-> That works for me, but note that this is nawk, not gawk (which we usually
-> build).
-> This effect can be seen on sparc64 even with native compiles (nawk works,
-> gawk doesn't).

Hmm, I'm not 100% sure where I rebuilt awk from, but you may be right that
I rebuilt the wrong one... In any case, with the new toolchain, I believe
even gawk works when built natively on sgimips (my problems with awk were
with an awk cross-built from x86 to sgimips).

Rafal Boni