Subject: Re: readline in -current
To: Martti Kuparinen <>
From: Rafal Boni <>
List: current-users
Date: 11/08/2001 03:30:19
In message <>, you write:

-> I can't run "make build" on my sparc64. The sources were updated today,
-> I've read UPDATING and even compiled and installed awk as suggested in
-> some old mails. Any ideas what's wrong? I get a lot of these ED_*
-> undeclared messages.

I had this issue quite often when building using cross-compiled tools on
my sgimips boxes.  It generally turned out to be awk's fault (it was some-
how b0rked and didn't generate any output for the various include files
used in libedit build).  I never got to the bottom of it, but rebuilding
awk locally always seemed to fix it.

Make sure your awk's sane before pulling further hair out.

Rafal Boni