Subject: Re: Using build.sh on port-alpha
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/06/2001 06:40:50
On Tue, 6 Nov 2001, Ben Harris wrote:

> >mtree -def mtree/NetBSD.dist -p /usr/home/paul/newroot-alpha/ -U
> >mtree: slash character in file name
> >mtree: failed at line 7 of the specification
> >*** Error code 1
>
> Hmm.  It looks as if USETOOLS isn't getting set automatically for you, so
> you're not getting the new version of mtree.  You might like to look at the
> magic in <bsd.own.mk> which decides whether to set it.  I suspect there's
> something odd about your directory layout.

Well, the directory layout is identical (except, of course, for the
value of $DESTDIR) to what I used on my i386 build, which worked just
perfectly.  But I think you are correct about USETOOLS.  I'll see if
I can force it to set USETOOLS.

Thanks for the clue-by-four!

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |