Subject: Re: Cross-building
To: None <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2001 20:02:15
> For kernels I still use a special 'make' shell script where all
> toolchain cross compile programs (CC, LD etc.) are defined, similar to
> the old cross compile way.

Well, for the new toolchain world it's quite simple:

MACHINE=sparc
MACHINE_ARCH=sparc
USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN=yes
USETOOLS=yes

and export those, then just run "make depend && make" in the kernel compile
directory. Provided you did a buils.sh run for this arch already or at
least used build.sh -t to get the cross tools.

Actually for target ports using the new toolchain natively you can leave out
the later two variables (like for sparc now, if your installed *.mk files
are up to date).

This is all realy cool stuff!

Martin