Subject: Re: Something very wrong here...
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2001 14:55:06
On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 09:12:54AM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 02:08:52PM +0000, Ian Fry wrote:
> > Actually, 'make cleandir' worked for me!
> Really?

Yes, I was quite surprised too. I used the nbmake wrapper script to do the
cleandir, so this might have allowed this to work.

> I couldn't make any combination of settings in /etc/mk.conf cause
> make cleandir to touch objects under /usr/src... but maybe that was
> only while the obj sym links still existed (that is, removing them
> would have caused cleandir to see the /usr/src objects).

Well, I have got the obj symlinks as well, that's why I was surprised,
especially as I've got into this situation in the past and make cleandir
'missed' cleaning up some files.

> > Well, the last time I tried using OBJMACHINE, something broke during
> > creation of obj directories, so I turned it off again. That was a little
> > while ago now (just after i386 started using the new toolchain by
> > default), and I haven't tried again since. Perhaps it's time to give it
> > another go.
> It seems to work for me.

I'll try it again, then.

> (Btw, if you've got this stuff in /etc/mk.conf, make sure you do NOT feed
> it to pkgsrc by only setting it .ifndef BSD_PKG_MK. pkgsrc and
> NEW_TOOLCHAIN do not mix well.)

I am, don't worry. The machine I'm doing this on is 1.5.2, and I'm trying to
cross build the arm26 port (and will eventually be cross building sparc and
probably sparc64 too), and I don't currently want to mess this machine up.

Ian.