Subject: Re: Something very wrong here...
To: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2001 09:12:54
--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA

On Mon, Nov 05, 2001 at 02:08:52PM +0000, Ian Fry wrote:
> Actually, 'make cleandir' worked for me!=20

Really?

I couldn't make any combination of settings in /etc/mk.conf cause
make cleandir to touch objects under /usr/src... but maybe that was
only while the obj sym links still existed (that is, removing them
would have caused cleandir to see the /usr/src objects).

> Well, the last time I tried using OBJMACHINE, something broke during crea=
tion
> of obj directories, so I turned it off again. That was a little while ago
> now (just after i386 started using the new toolchain by default), and I
> haven't tried again since. Perhaps it's time to give it another go.

It seems to work for me.

(Btw, if you've got this stuff in /etc/mk.conf, make sure you do NOT
feed it to pkgsrc by only setting it .ifndef BSD_PKG_MK. pkgsrc and
NEW_TOOLCHAIN do not mix well.)

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--neYutvxvOLaeuPCA