Subject: Re: Something very wrong here...
To: Ben Harris <bjh21@netbsd.org>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/05/2001 09:12:52
On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 01:34:50PM +0000, I wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 01:31:49PM +0000, Ben Harris wrote:
> > In article <20011102094721.A8428@sophos.com> you write:
> > >Maybe this is a problem with the nbmake wrapper that build.sh generates?
> > It is indeed.  nbmake-arm26 sets MACHINE on make's command line, but make
> > chooses its objdir based on MACHINE in the environment (or from sysctl).
> > Try doing "MACHINE=arm26 nbmake-arm26".  I've reported this problem to Todd
> > already.
> Ah that makes sense. I'll try it again tonight.

Well, I tried another build as you suggested, and that didn't help - the
generated files still didn't go into the obj directory. I updated my source
tree again and tried again, and it still doesn't work, even thought the
wrapper script now sets MACHINE and MACHINE_ARCH in the environment before
execing nbmake.

Ian.