Subject: Another build.sh problem?
To: #List NetBSD current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/2001 19:13:22
My /etc/mk.conf contains nothing special:

OBJMACHINE=true
MKOBJDIRS=yes
MKTOOLS?=yes
__TOOLARCH!=uname -m
TOOLDIR=/usr/tools/obj.${__TOOLARCH}

HAVE_MOTIF=YES
USA_RESIDENT=YES
USE_RSAREF2=YES
ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES=shareware no-commercial-use

And everything is cvs updated as of Friday morning, Nov. 2nd.

So, I invoked /usr/src/build.sh on an i386 system with the command

	./build.sh -m alpha -D /usr/home/paul/newroot-alpha

and it got all the way through the ``cleandir'' step.  Then it failed in
mtree:

cleandir ===> regress/usr.bin/sort
rm -f a.out [Ee]rrs mklog core *.core
/usr/tools/obj.i386/bin/nbmake  do-distrib-dirs
cd /usr/src/etc && /usr/tools/obj.i386/bin/nbmake <manual word-wrap here>
    DESTDIR=/usr/home/paul/newroot-alpha distrib-dirs
install  -d -o root -g wheel -m 755 /usr/home/paul/newroot-alpha
mtree -def mtree/NetBSD.dist -p /usr/home/paul/newroot-alpha/ -U
mtree: slash character in file name
mtree: failed at line 7 of the specification
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Is there still some missing piece(s), or did I do something wrong?
Where did it pick up the extra trailing slash?

PS  This worked the other day when I was building i386  userland on the
same host machine.  I have not updated since that successful i386 build.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |